The Augmented Worker sits at the intersection of a variety of other manufacturing trends. Here’s a curated list of articles detailing the importance of re-skilling and enhancing the manufacturing workforce:
- At these factories, robots are making jobs better for workers (via McKinsey & Company)
- How the “Six Million Dollar Man” Made Manufacturing 4.0 (via Clear Process Solutions)
- Amazon to Retrain a Third of Its U.S. Workforce (via The Wall Street Journal)
- Here’s how factories can lead in the Fourth Industrial Revolution (via World Economic Forum)
- No, Automation Is Not Causing a Decline in Workers’ Share of Income (via Information Technology and Innovation Foundation)
Our essential reading list for the month:
- Guide & E-book: Augmented Worker Guide
- Blog: Why Operator Augmentation Is Good for Workers and Businesses
- Blog: How Augmentation Can Reduce Cognitive Load and Improve Decision Making in Manufacturing
- Blog: Using Augmentation to Reduce Variability in Manufacturing
- We hosted a webinar “Augmentation is the New Automation” on August 13. If you missed it, you can watch it now to learn how the Augmented Worker is influencing manufacturing today.
In other news:
- Back in June, Tulip hit the road with our channel partners. Check out the Tulip On the Road Recap to catch up on one of their summer adventures!
- Co-founder Rony Kubat explains how Tulip enables agile manufacturing and empowers workers – featured in MIT News Spotlight!
- Next month, Tulip and Futura Automation will be teaming up at Westec 2019 to show off the latest in digital innovation. Join us at the Los Angeles Convention September 24 – 26 at booth # 1560!